December 18, 2007

It seems as if...

Things of note:

-I am not excited about the new movie Juno. It's being toted as the indie version of Knocked Up (which is one of the most well-executed comedies I've seen in years). I guess I don't see what's so great about a film in which the plot revolves around a teen mother who doesn't really want her kid (or so the previews would have me believe).

-Re-watching High Fidelity has too large of an affect on me lately. I literally cannot stopping making mixtapes. I am a mixtape making machine.

-I am suddenly losing track of everything. First my license, then my house key, then my apartment gate entry key. 2 of 3 has items have been located (the gate key and apartment key).

-I was on Myspace looking at the profile of my childhood best friend, Jennifer. We are longer friends now, but occassionally talk through Facebook. We used to talk about starting veterinary pratice after college, but when she moved away and went to a different school we drifted apart. Tonight, I found myself wanting to catch up with her. I began wondering about and her life. We haven't seen or talked to each other in about 7 years. I wonder if it's worth it. Old friendships aren't alays worth ressurecting.

Anyway...

It seems as if my body won't won't let me go to sleep anytime before 4:00. Here I am again writing another blog when I should be sleeping. However, it seems that all the thoughts that are jumbled in my head in the daytime are now clear and concise --this is why I am and always be a night person. I think it makes me difficult to live with. I often clean and do my laundry in the middle of the night. For some it comforts me to be productive when the world around me slumbers.

I love having my computer back, because it allows me make mixed CD complations at will. Today I've made two, one for Christmas and one for Halloween. The Halloween mix is a revision, as I feel the first version was a bust. So far the mix is as follows:

Thriller- Michael Jackson
This Is Halloween- Marilyn Manson
Hells Bells- AC/DC
Sympathy For The Devil- The Rolling Stones
Hotter Than Hell- KISS
Crossroads- Eric Clapton/Cream
Highway To Hell- AC/DC
Halloween- Aqua
Devil's Haircut- Beck
Shout At the Devil- Motley Crue
Halloween- AFI
We Suck Young Blood (Your Time Is Up)- Radiohead
Me And The Devil Blues- Robert Johnson

I've also started a cd that describe the way I feel about *someone*. It's only for me to listen to for now. I'm not sure if I'd ever give it to this person. I will probably post the compilation later. It's the first time I've made a mixtape to describe my feelings for a person. In the past my mixes have always described emotions (i.e sad, happy, social, resilient), so I am actually pretty excited to get my feelings out in a sonic format. But for now this sleepy mixtape-making blogger has get her rest...

Ok bye now.

No comments: