January 31, 2007

I don't know whether this is funny, or just sad...

An e-mail I sent to the editor of a local fanzine in August 2006...I never heard back.

Hi,

I just want to start by saying I think it's very cool to see a magazine that accurately covering the local scene. Not mention, I found the description the "no b.s." approach to your writing refreshing (as I find that there is too much of that in rock writing). Currently, I am attending my second year at U.N.O. as a communications major. I was born and raised in New Orleans and I have a great appreciation for our city's rich culture, especially the music. Although, I haven't been to as many rock shows as I would like to, I try my best to support the local scene: reading local 'zines and listening to local groups on WTUL and Myspace.com. I wanted to know if there were any opportunities for writing at Paranoize. I don't have much experience, but I am passionate about genuine rock writing and I am a hard worker. Please contact me if you would like more information. Thanks and keep on rockin' (and writing!).

-Sincerely, Dominique

No comments: