April 30, 2009

God must have spent a little more time on you.

It's almost 3:30 in the morning as I sit here, taking a break from cleaning my incredibly messy room. Final exams are looming, so I'm using cleaning as a vehicle to decompress.

Going well so far...

I started off the cleaning session with Radiohead's Hail to the Thief. Everybody makes such a big deal about Okay Computer and In Rainbows (although, I'm not disputing either album's artistic value); however, my personal favorite has always been Hail to the Thief and Kid A. And I'd definitely say Kid A > Hail to the Thief.

Whatever.

Critics are often wrong. And I should know because I'm one of them.

Next, I played 'Nsync's self-titled album. I went through an intense phase with 'Nsync during my adolescent years --to an extent which I will not describe for fear of embarrassment. However, what's probably even more embarrassing is what I'm about to say:

In a world of auto-tuned, over-sexed radio pop, I find "God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You" as being deeply sweet and touching. It reminds of a time when every fucking song on the radio wasn't about drinking, asses, clubbing, sexing, or drinking and sexing --or, all of the above.

Anyway, I'm off to finish cleaning. Or, sleep. Whichever happens first.


1 comment:

JJS III said...

I always hated that song for some reason that had to do with an ex girlfriend. Like, she broke up with me at a dance and danced with some other guy to it. I don't even remember. But I support *NSYNC love all the way.